How to keep your heart pumpin’ & spirit movin’ during the #LovinLosin challenge…
Our anchor verse is Isaiah 61:3 to restore beauty, joy, praise & righteousness!! This scripture will help to keep you grounded when you feel yourself start to drift away, when you feel like you might drown in your circumstance or when you might just need a reminder that God hasn’t forgotten you.
Faith, health, and healing have been intertwined since ancient times. Today the message of health and hope is as powerful and important as ever. This month our focus is on lovin’ the best of who we are & losin’ the rest that weighs us down!
Here’s your Lovin Losin challenge: This year our FOCUS scripture is Isaiah 61:3 to help you restore your beauty, joy, praise and righteousness
Part 1: Move – Once you are registered you’ll receive your workout instructions
- Printable workout calendar
- YouTube videos for each workout
- Link to register for a free giveaway
Part 2: EAT – Prepare/Cook/Eat 1 clean(er) eating recipe per week!
The goal here is to step outside of your normal “I’m gonna eat better” box & try a few clean(er) recipes listed on your favorite health & fitness website.
- Clean Eating Magazine
- Oxygen Magazine
- Eating Well Magazine
- FitFluential #EAT
- Heart Healthy Meals
Part 3: GET SOCIAL- Get daily inspiration at fb.com/inneractivefitclub & share your recipes, success & support on instagram/twitter/pinterest
USE THE FOLLOWING HASHTAGS:
#getinneractive #februarychallenge #LovinLosin
I HEART FEBRUARY!!!
I love February because, well, it’s the month of love. AND it’s my mommy’s birth month! (RIP) and every where you turn, there are countless opportunities for you to take heart!
This month, I am sharing an urgent message about heart health with all the women of inneractive FITCLUB and those who love them. Most women don’t know their biggest health threat. It’s not breast cancer. It’s not AIDS. It’s heart disease. Yet most women still think heart disease is a man’s disease. A new slogan says it well: “Heart Disease Doesn’t Care What You Wear—It’s the #1 Killer of Women.®“
Friday February 2,2018 is National Wear Red Day—a day when Americans nationwide will take women’s health to heart by wearing red to show their support for women’s heart disease awareness.
inneractive FITCLUB has joined The Heart Truth®, a national awareness campaign for women about heart disease, sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, part of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Help us spread The Heart Truth that heart disease is the #1 killer of women on National Wear Red Day®, on Friday, February 2, 2018. Most women don’t take their risk of heart disease seriously or personally. Help us to motivate women to find out their risks and take action to lower them.
So wear your red as a powerful visual reminder to take care of their hearts. Our mothers, daughters, nieces, and granddaughters need to learn the truth about heart disease:
- One of every four American women dies of heart disease.
- About 6 million American women have coronary heart disease.
- Two-thirds of American women who have had a heart attack don’t make a full recovery.
- Heart disease can permanently damage your heart and your life.
I hope you’ll consider being a part of our challenge this month as we take an active approach toward lovin’ the best of me and losin’ the rest of me.
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR A HEALTHY HEART
- Know your risk factors for heart disease.
- Talk to your doctor about how to lower your risk for heart disease.
- Have your blood pressure checked regularly.
- Know your cholesterol numbers. [These include total cholesterol, HDL or “good” cholesterol, LDL or “bad” cholesterol, and triglycerides.]
- Have your blood sugar level checked for diabetes.
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use other tobacco products and limit your exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Have a healthy diet eat to protect your heart health.
- Get regular physical activity. [At least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity each week.]
- Aim for a healthy weight and maintain it.
- Know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and the importance of calling 9-1-1 immediately.
The Heart Truth® is: Heart Disease Doesn’t Care What You Wear-It’s the #1 Killer of Women®. That’s why the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, part of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is sponsoring The Heart Truth, a national education program for women about heart disease.
The program warns women about heart disease and provides tools to help them take action against its risk factors. Its message is paired with an arresting visual-the Red Dress®-that serves as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness.
Visit www.hearttruth.gov for more information on The Heart Truth program, including The Healthy Heart Handbook for Women and the Red Dress Pin.
Join The Heart Truth on National Wear Red Day to help spread the critical message that, “Heart Disease Doesn’t Care What You Wear—It’s the #1 Killer of Women.”
To learn more, visit www.hearttruth.gov
®, ™ The Heart Truth, its logo, The Red Dress and Heart Disease Doesn’t Care What You Wear—It’s the #1 Killer of Women, are trademarks of HHS.
®National Wear Red Day is a registered trademark of HHS and AHA.