Losing weight means resiliency over retraction. Retraction is shrinking back and withdrawing, detaching and disconnecting.
Losing anything that feels overwhelming means being willing to identify your weaknesses, so that you can become stronger, in Christ.
Losing any of the stuff that tries to convince you to give up means giving up the stuff and learning a new identity and way of life.
Losing the stuff means being willing to give up the stuff verse giving in to the stuff that makes you feel less than what you were born to be capable of.
Losing what you were born to be capable of is the enemy of powerlessness. Know your battle. Fight it with all vigilance and diligence.
Losing powerlessness means weighing less, recognizing your worth and cultivating a spirit that rises to the occasion called life.
Rise up friends.
This is wholehearted living.
Guidepost to Wholehearted Living Number 3 Cultivating a Resilient Spirit & Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
Friends I’d love for you to join me on a journey toward cultivating a resilient spirit and allowing Christ the opportunity to teach you the unforced rhythm of grace.
Not that I’ve figured it out.
To the contrary, I’m learning this everyday! Every day, I put one foot in front of the other becoming stronger with every step that I take. And honestly I don’t even want this to sound like some sort of intervention method. Absolutely not. Well, actually it’s more like CPR for life; spirit, soul and body. So I guess, if you wanted to, you could call it intervention. But that’s only if you’re feeling like you’ve tried all of your old ways and those you saw on some top 10 list of do this not that and none of those seem to work. Or you could call it that if you’ve been headed down a path that seemed right but you caught a glimpse of where this is headed and it doesn’t look good. So then, yeah call it intervention.
All I can tell you is that the way He’s been so patient with me; taken me by the hand and gently guided me; has helped me to realize that I don’t have to do any of this by myself.
He assured me that I don’t need to do it the way others have claimed to have done it.
He promised me that I don’t need to numb myself with accomplishments, people pleasing or applause.
He insisted that I don’t need to rise up nor do I need to shrink back in an effort to hide and not be seen.
He committed to me that if I would allow Him to show me, He would lead the way and it would be an escape from the nonsense that I thought was progress.
Whatever the cause, whatever the issue, Jesus really does have an answer y’all.
Weigh Less To Feed More
The journey I’d like you to take with me is called Weigh Less to Feed More.
- Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? – Matthew 6:34
- Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you. – Psalm 55:22
to FEED MORE
- Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.- Galatians 6:2
- Give and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. – Matthew 6:38
- For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. -2 Corinthians 9:12
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.- Philippians 2:3
Good news! It’s not about your weight! Whether you obsess about or neglect your body, you will get to the root of your unhealthy living. Find out what is really weighing you down. (Watch this FB LIVE video from the founder of Weigh Less to Feed More, Alisa Keeton and when you’re ready, click here to register for the next session which begins November 8th!