It’s a beautiful day! Not JUST because it’s National Running Day, it’s Day 2 of your 2 Week TurnAround! Well, I know most of us aren’t runners but we can jump on the band wagon just for the sake of the celebration! Even if you just run in place 😉
So, ok then, today your fitness challenge is all about ‘fast’ fixes. Because running is a ‘quick’ total body fix that knocks out cardio and muscle toning in one swoop, we’re gonna be doin’ some running. It’s not about how fast you run, just that you do it. If you’re not a runner or you truly hate to run, stick around I promise I’ll convert you. I HATE running but there’s a major adrenaline rush when you realize that you did it and it makes you want to hate it enough to do it again. Especially when you realize just how good you feel afterward!
Besides. There’s no Y in running…
Another fast ‘fix’ is breakfast.
- The number one way to ‘fix’ your body is to eat breakfast.
- 70% of the change you see in how you feel or how you look starts with the way you eat. You know the old saying, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, it really is. You are actually breaking the fast of your digestion while you were sleeping.
- But not just any breakfast. You eat a bunch of mess for breakfast and you’ll start lookin’ and feelin’ like a bunch of mess.
- And for all of my nursing/late shift friends who work 7p-7a whenever you wake up to ‘start’ your day, that’s your breakfast.
- And no you don’t have to eat the typical breakfast food just make sure it’s healthy.
Fast Fat Burnin’ Cardio
Get outside – run/walk/jog/skip/hop
OR complete the following cardio based exercises
(complete 4 rounds total)
- 30 seconds Jumping jacks
- 30 seconds side to side Boxer shuffle
- 30 seconds jump rope (with or without an actual rope)
- 30 seconds ski shuffles
- 30 seconds reverse lunges alternating legs
- 30 seconds burpees (yes with the jump at the top)* if you can
Quick Total Body Strength Moves
- Chair Squats: stand in front of a chair with your feet shoulder width apart. Raise your arms straight out in front of you and lower your hips into the chair as if you were going to sit down. Just as your hips or thighs touch the seat stand up. Keep your arms straight out the entire time. (Repeat 15 x)
- Push Ups
- Shoulder Slender-izer: Hold your arms out to your side like you’re posing for a “strong woman” photo, begin pushing up toward the ceiling until your arms are straight, lower back to your starting pose [ | ] and repeat 15x
- Triceps chair dips: sit on the edge of a chair/surface. Place your palms on the edge/seat with your fingers hanging over the edge. lift your hips up and forward, bend your elbows as you start to lower your hips toward the floor, straighten your arms to lift back to the seat. Repeat 2/15x
Nutrition Fix: Inventory what you have at home and let’s make a better meal out of what you have. (Post your meal in the comments section of this blog post). Remember each meal should consist of 300-500 calories depending on your daily need plus 2-3 snacks @ 100-150 calories each.
***menu samples. Take advantage of the tools I’ve placed on the 2 Week TurnAround challenge page to help you plan your meals.
- 1 bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch w/berries w/1% milk; half banana, 1 slice wheat toast 2 c coffee
- OR Favorite Smoothie Recipe
- Abs Diet Power Smoothie: 1 c 1%milk; 2 tbsp low fat vanilla yogurt; 3/4 c oatmeal; 2 tsp peanut butter; 2 tsp chocolate whey protein powder; 6 ice cubes (220 calories)
- Snack:Quaker Chocolate mini rice cakes & mozzarella cheese stick
- Chicken of the sea Salmon Pouch w/1/2 avocado, salsa style fire roasted tomatoes, romaine lettuce, Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion vinaigrette
- OR Turkey/Roast Beef on whole grain bread, 100% fruit juice & apple
- Snack: Fiber one bar
- Dinner: Balsamic Grilled Chicken breast w/Penne pasta & diced tomatoes
- Snack: 1 cup of low-fat ice cream (skinny cow 100 calorie treats are YUMMY)
The Top 3 Ways To Instantly Improve Your Breakfast (Article)
By Cassandra Forsythe-Pribanic, PhD, RD
For some [horrible] reason, today’s breakfast has turned into a sugary, processed-carbohydrate, empty-calorie, fat-promoting mess.
This is not a breakfast of champions
…In order to have the body you’ve always wanted and the health status that others are jealous of, you need to know what you should eat for breakfast. These types of foods will help you feel good, curb cravings throughout the day and…
Healthy Dining Finder – incase your ‘breakfast is on the go now you can find the best options when dining out.
Hungry Girl Tips & Tricks for hungry chicks